Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Cave In The Forest

" By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates


And...., I have been greatly challenged today when a dear friend of mine narrated to me this story:
"many neanderthal men became extinct because neanderthal women forced them to hunt for food while the women write grocery list on cave walls. they were the earliest feminists and a danger to the male species. they started the idea of shopping lists and the men worked hard battling wild beasts. many neanderthal men were mauled to pieces only because they forgot something on the list and had to go out again when the dinosaurs were having dinner. Archaeologists discovered that on the wall of the Chauvet Cave in Southern France, there is a carving of what looked like a woman-Neanderthal shopper that looked like a wife of a prime minister of a banana republic somewhere in Asia. She was carrying 89 shopping bags."

What am I to make of this piece of mind challenging facts-fiction? Maybe my dear good friend has become a philosopher........

But, I have this nagging feeling in my head that keeps telling me that I have graduated with flying colors as the philosopher of marriage!! Me...??!!
Now, what do you think that indicate? I can't hide from Socrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment